A long time ago, there was an ice island far to the north. It was called
Coolmint Island, a peaceful island inhabited by the winter fairies. But, one
day....An evil wizard named Druidle sent Flame Monsters to the island. "If
something isn't done, Coolmint Island will melt away!" In response to this
crisis the Queen of the winter fairies called upon a wizard. She chose...a
novice wizard named Dana. "Dana, I'll give you Ice Magic to extinguish the
evil Flames." "You have been chosen for your wisdom and courage." "We trust
Up : move up
Down : move down
Left : move left
Right : move right
B : use wand to make/destroy ice block
A : use wand to make/destroy ice block
Select : not used
Start : start game
[Mechanics and Gameplay]
The game will assume you know some simple rules. Don't worry if you don't
since the game will gradually introduce new concepts as you complete more
levels. I've summarized all the rules you'll need to know to finish the game
1. Remove all the flames.
2. Defeat any enemies on screen.
3. No time limit except on lava stages. Time is for keeping
personal records and has no effect on gameplay.
B. Using Ice
1. Ice is created diagonally below you in the direction that you are
2. Ice created next to another object such as a jar, stone, ice, or
wall will "stick" to it and become "secure". Similarly, ice with
support from below is also "secure".
3. Ice may be pushed or dropped if the ice is not secured.
4. Ice may not be placed directly above a burning jar although it
may be placed one level higher up.
1. Ice is a "smooth" surface and will slide across the floor until
stopped by another object or until they drop down through an
2. A stone is a "rough" surface and will move only 1 space when
pushed. Stones pushed on top of ice won't stop until a rough
surface is reached.
3. Secure ice or Dana can support infinite weight from above.
4. Ice not attached to walls or other secure objects or are
not supported from below will drop down until solid ground is
5. Removing certain ice blocks can cause chain reactions.
6. Once a jar is ignited, it can never be cooled down.
7. Ice directly above a flame will not melt.
8. You may only push blocks with nothing adjacent to them. 2 blocks
are needed to form "secure" objects.
9. Pipes can still be entered if you are one level lower than the
1. Ice can be used to form steps to reach higher ledges.
2. Ice "bridges" can be formed to reach other areas.
3. Many levels require you to set up blocks for later use.
4. Not all the blocks or objects provided need to be used.
5. Stacking blocks is a useful tactic.
6. Play it safe by creating blocks before you destroy them.
Here are the obstacles you will encounter in the game.
Blocks Just your regular run of the mill walls. Nothing special.
Druidle Your arch-enemy of the game.
Flames Remove them with the aid of your wand.
Ice Come in many lengths.
Jars Come in either hot or cold form.
Monsters Come in many varieties. Some fly horizontally. Some fly
vertically. Others carry umbrellas.
Pipes Come in different shapes and lengths.
Stones Are both indestructible and heat-resistant.
Edit mode is an extra part of the game in which you can create your own
levels for play. The rules are the same as in the standard game. You can
create a level with the items.