WARNING: This app was intended mostly for Android 8.1 on Vanilla like ROMs (such as on Pixel, Nexus and Android One devices). It might not affect the OS on other cases, depending on the OS itself. Nothing can be done about it.
Starting from Android 8.1, when you set a wallpaper, the OS might change its colors based on it.
Sometimes what you get might not be what you'd wish to have.
This is why I've made this tiny live wallpaper app.
The app allows you to manually set which colors you'd like to request the OS to use.
This means that even if you have a relatively white background, you can still (if the OS allows it) have a dark themed notification drawer or other UI components, based on what the OS decides.
1. Ability to choose which photo to have as a background, and a color behind it.
2. Ability to have a double-tap-to-lock device (requires admin privilege or rooted device).
3. Ability to choose which colors to request from the OS. Note that each color meaning depends on the OS alone.
4. Ability to show GIF animation (experimental).
- This is a live wallpaper app. It means you can't use another live wallpaper app that shows its content, within it. Only one live wallpaper app can be active. This is how Android works. I can't do anything about it.
What you can do is have a normal wallpaper for the lock screen while using this app for the home screen.
- The app allows to use either admin privilege or accessibility to lock the screen using a gesture of double tap.
For more information, questions and answers, visit the website.